Have you ever met the problem of losing your files on your phone suddenly? All the pictures, messages, contacts and files were gone. Don’t worry, this guide will tell you how to recover your iPhone data.
How to get back the critical loss data?
Generally, there are usually 3 ways to recover the data of your phone according to the different situations.
- Data recovery from the dead motherboard
This approach is mainly for those phones which are seriously damaged, without iCloud backup, can not turn on, or even with the deformed motherboard, ff your phone or motherboard is damaged, the situation would be worse, you need to motherboard repair.
- Data recovery with iCloud
This is mainly for the phones with iCloud backup.
- Data recovery with software
This approach is for the phone in good conditions, but data is deleted carelessly.
The way 2 and 3 are easy to solve, you can search the solutions from Google, but here we will introduce how to recover data from your dead phone even dead motherboard today.
Step 1. Detach the motherboard from the phone
Step 2. Detach the A8 CPU, EEPROM and NAND Flash from the dead motherboard. Please deal with these 3 chips carefully, because the well-performed 3 chips are a must of successful data recovery.
Step 3. Clean the detached 3 chips with rosin, BGA paste flux, PCB cleaner, solder iron and the razor blade.
Step 4. BGA rebelling
Step 5. Detach the A8 CPU, NAND Flash, EEPROM from the new motherboard
Step 6. Install the 3 chips detached from broken motherboard to the new one
Step 7. Install the motherboard to the phone and test if the data recovered successfully
This guide isn’t clear? Don’t worry, we have a video tutorial:
What do you think of this guide? If it is useful to you, please collect and share it; by the way, if you have any questions, you can leave a comment or go to our Ask Forum to ask a question.
And there are somethings tips you need to notice:
1. There is a possible risk for the motherboard data recovery process.
2. Skilled repair techs are required for the operation.
3. The fallen pads are empty pads which do not affect the function.
4. Apple official after-sales support does not accept the phone repaired by third-party.
5. The data can not be recovered if one of these three chips (CPU, NAND Flash, EEPROM) is broken.
6. This cellphone is still calling failed until this step because the process is just for data recovery. Further operations are needed to fix the communication function.
If your data is critical, make sure you choose a reputable repair shop or firm that can properly recover data from mechanically failed or physically damaged motherboards.
Good News: Now we have provided phone data recovery service now, if you need this service, please contact us.
These are the tools we have used in this guide:
- Soldering Iron Station
- Hot Air Gun
- PCB Holder
- Solder Wick
- Soldering Paste
- Insulation Mat for Maintenance Platform
- LCD Opening Pliers
- Screw Driver
Visit REWA online shop for more parts and tools.
At last, we have released a guide about How can I recover data from dead iPhone 6S, you can have a check.
Wanna learn basic knowledge about iPhone motherboard, master iPhone micro-soldering techniques, understand the work-flow of different iPhone circuits, master troubleshooting processes of different iPhone issues, and learn detailed screen/back glass refurbishing steps?
REWA Academy is a platform that provides repair technique learning, practical demonstration, and idea-sharing for practitioners in the electronic repair industry.
You can also click the cell phone repair course link below to know more!
- iPhone X Series Logic Board Repair Course
- iPhone Logic Board Repair Foundation Course
- iPhone Logic Board Repair Handwork Course
- iPhone Logic Board Repair Work Flow & Troubleshooting Course
- iPhone Logic Board Repair Cases Course
- Cell Phone Broken Screen Refurbishment Course
You may also interested in: