It is well known that Touch ID chip is exclusively matched with the motherboard. If change a new home button only, the Touch ID function disappears as the unique chip is also changed. So if the home button is unfortunately broken, how can we repair it without losing Touch ID?
Common Touch ID problems include Touch ID fails, and Touch ID not working at all. There are easy solutions to most problems like the sweaty finger, wet/dry sensor or other software issues, but quite complicated for broken Touch ID repair. Follow the steps in this post to get your iPhone 7 fixed now!
1. Turn on the phone, unable to activate its Touch ID.
2. Go to settings – Touch ID & passcode – enter your passcode, the fingerprint is grayed out.
3. Take down the home button flex cable.
4. Check the home button flex cable under the microscope, we found that the ribbon cable is broken.
7. Scrape the coating off the wire on the reverse side.
8. Apply some BGA paste flux, then solder the tins with soldering station.
9. Cut the wires then align them correctly, heat it up with hot air gun and weld.
10. Turn the flex cable to the reverse side, weld it with the wire.
11.Test if it is a short circuit with digital multimeter.
12. Install the home button and test.
13. Apply some UV curable solder mast on the wire to fix the welding joint.
14. Install the LCD screen assembly and test, fingerprint works well.
If you are looking for a chip level repairing service for iPhone home button or touch ID malfunctions, you’re in the right place. REWA repair service takes care of all your headaches!
- Mobile Phone Repair Platform
- Electron Microscope
- Digital Multimeter
- Soldering Station
- Hot Air Gun
- Glass Lens
- BGA Paste Flux
- Magnetic Screw Memory Mat
Want to get them? please contact us:
- Skype: rewatech
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skype: support-rewatech
- Email: email@example.com
Watch the detailed iPhone 7 home button not working guide video here.