COVID-19 is an infectious disease caused by a new coronavirus introduced to humans for the first time. It’s spread from person to person mainly through the droplets produced when an infected person speaks, coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who nearby. These droplets are too heavy to travel far in the air- they only travel approximately one metre and quickly settle on surfaces. This is the reason person to person spread is happening mainly between closes contacts. According to WHO, the exact time that the virus can survive on surfaces is not yet known.
Take steps to protect yourself
- Maintaining good personal and environmental hygiene is of utmost importance to protect yourselves from COVID-19.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces you often touch on a daily basis.
- Performing hand hygiene is the prerequisite of the prevention of the spread of communicable diseases. Using soap and water or alcohol-based handrub can achieve hand hygiene.
- You should go out less and reduce social activities, and maintain appropriate social distance with other people as far as possible.
- Wear a surgical mask when taking public transport or staying in crowded places.
- Take your temperature and that of family members with a thermometer everyday and watch for cough or difficulty breathing.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms, seek medical advice right away – call ahead before you go to a doctor’s office or emergency room.
- Build up good body resistance and maintain healthy lifestyle. This can be achieved through balanced diet, regular exercise and adequate rest.
- Even in bad times, we have to keep learning and growing.
How To Wear A Mask
- It should cover your mouth, nose and chin with the coloured side facing outwards.
- Pinch the metal edge of the mask so that it presses gently on your nose bridge.
- Remove a used mask holding only the ear loops.
- To be effective, change your masks regulagly or if soiled or wet.
- Wash your hands with soap and water after dispoing the solied mask properly into a bin.
And More To Fight COVID-19
- Reassure everyone that you’re protecting their health. This is especially true if you have a brick-and-mortar location. This may mean sharing your extra sanitation practices, putting a hand sanitizer station at the front of your location or implementing a policy where all staff wears masks and gloves.
- Be prepared to pivot. You need to be flexible to best serve your customers. Mailing service for cell phone repair may be a good choice.
- Make your employees or yourself a priority too. Don’t focus all your efforts on marketing during this time.The more you can put your employees at ease, the better they’ll be able to support your business and your customers.
May you all remain in good health and continue your daily life & repair learning in the global coronavirus crisis.